Building Facility Associate
mHUB is a mission-driven 501c3 nonprofit economic development organization that launched in 2017 to enable physical product and Hardtech entrepreneurship through providing a hyper-resourced environment and networks of manufacturers, investors, mentors, and customers. This strategic effort was undertaken by a consortium of manufacturing industry leaders to foster the development and commercialization of next-gen technologies (e.g., advanced manufacturing, medical devices, energy tech, robotics, AVs, etc.) and future business leaders. This endeavor has translated into supporting over 428 startups launch 1,200 products resulting in over $721M in sales, over $1B in investment and exits, awarding over 411 patents, spending over $30M a year with U.S. manufacturers, and the creation of over 3,900 jobs.
About the Role
mHUB is looking for a Building Facility Associate to join our operations team. The operations team serves as the backbone of the 80,000 sq ft organization by ensuring the facility functions at maximum efficiency. In this role, you will be working closely with the Operations Manager, where you will be instrumental in continuing to make mHUB a one-of-a-kind nonprofit hardtech organization.
You will have the combination of soft skills and industry knowledge to assist in maintaining the building. Mechanical skills, knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and other building systems a plus. Proficiency with repair tools and techniques. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization abilities. Keen attention to detail and efficient problem-solving skills. Ability to lift heavy equipment and comfortable standing or walking for long periods of time.
- Assist with daily activities of maintenance team, including custodial workers and external vendors.
- Routinely inspect building and equipment for needed repair and respond to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Oversee mailroom and incoming/outgoing packages
- Work with vendors and oversee execution of contracted services.
- Monitor the safety and cleanliness of interior and exterior areas, such as front desk, dock, offices, conference rooms, parking lots, and event space.
- Carry out setups and clean up for meetings and/or events.
- Prepare facility for changing weather conditions.
- The candidate must have 1-3 years of facility maintenance
- A high degree of initiative and professionalism
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently, and be extremely organized
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with managers and key stakeholders
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, and Word
Our comprehensive and competitive benefits include a generous PTO and 401(k) plan as well as medical, vision, dental plans, and participation in carried interest profit sharing.
Benefits include: Medical insurance, dental and vision insurance, childcare support, paid parental leave, disability insurance, 401(k), commuter benefits, professional development funds, and carried interest employee profit program
Please fill out the form on this page. Be prepared to upload a resume and cover letter.
Applicants must fill out the survey to be considered.
mHUB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. mHUB is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at mHUB are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. mHUB will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. mHUB encourages applicants of all ages.