Zenblen is looking for a passionate, and entrepreneurial mechanical engineer to join their team full-time. As a mechanical engineer, you will work hand-in-hand with their team and world class advisors to develop the next generation of our robotic kiosk.
Project opportunities include:
● Development of new concepts, technologies, & integration methods
● Prototyping new concepts by 3D modeling, fabricating, and assembling
● Collecting, post-processing, and presenting data to inform key design decisions
● Development of test stands and running tests to characterize multiple design options
● Development of test methods and fixtures
● Retrofitting existing developments with new features to evaluate performance
This is an opportunity to join an early-stage, venture backed startup and see the immediate tangible impact of your work. In this close-knit team environment, you will have ownership invaluable workstreams, while still receiving mentorship from our experienced engineering team. Furthermore, this position will open a vast professional network in the Chicago tech community and provide you with knowledge of startup acumen.
Interested candidates should send a resume and any questions to email@example.com
What Zenblen is looking for:
● Someone looking for an opportunity to run with things and take ownership of their work
● Great communication & organization skills, and high degree of logical thinking
● A desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment and excel with limited direction
● An excellent work ethic and “get things done” attitude
● A love for nutrition, wellness, and healthy living – extra points for being a smoothie
● BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
● 1 to 5 years of relevant experience
● Complex 3D CAD design (SolidWorks preferred)
● Experience in designing robotic and dynamic systems
● Fundamental knowledge of materials (metals & plastics)
● Fundamental knowledge of manufacturing procedures such as CNC machining, injection
molding, laser/water cutting, etc.
● Knowledge of FEA theory (stress, deformation, thermal analyses)
● Knowledge of various rapid prototyping methods
● Experience with DOEs (design of experiment) and failure analysis
● Flexibility and comfort working in a dynamic work environment
Zenblen offers freshly blended smoothies via a tech-enabled smoothie bar. Our smoothie kiosk dispenses and blends ingredients right in front of the consumer, fresh to order. This machine encompasses various subsystems (cup handling, ingredient dispensing, refrigeration, blending, etc.) that integrate for a seamless customer experience.
Zenblen strives to make healthy food easily available to busy people, because we believe how you fuel your body has a tremendous impact on all aspects of your life.
About their culture:
Zenblen is a high-paced, high-momentum startup that recently graduated from Chicago Booth’s New Venture Challenge, one of the top-ranked accelerators in the nation, and are backed by key investors & advisors in the industry! At Zenblen, we pride ourselves on the strong culture we’ve built. We prioritize feedback, and count on one another for complete honesty. We challenge each other, and this has brought growth and opportunity. We are all driven by the impact we can make in the company, to each other, and for our customers while always acting with honesty and integrity. We are all motivated to do the best we can and produce the highest achieving results possible, while also taking the time to truly get to know each other and laugh with one another. We hold ourselves to high expectations, but know the importance of slowing down to enjoy the happy moments of being a close-knit team who love to drink smoothies together!
Learn more about their journey:
• Hardtech Startup, Zenblen, Inspires Healthy Consumption
•Founder Story spotlight at the Chicago Venture Summit: Future of Food
• Featured article on Zenblen’s partnership with the Illinois Institute of Technology
• Hear from Zenblen’s Co-Founders on the Technori Podcast, Chicago’s top tech show live on WGN Radio