Mechanical Engineering Intern
Zenblen is looking for a mechanical engineering intern to join their team over the summer.
Zenblen is a Chicago based food technology startup building a robotic smoothie kiosk! Their company is entering an exciting time as they launch their first kiosks in 2023.
As a mechanical engineering intern, you will work closely with the Zenblen engineering team as well as external contractors in the test, design, and fabrication of various subsystems & mechanisms.
Your responsibilities will include:
● Supporting the engineering team in component testing and rapid design iterations
● Fabricating parts and aiding in subsystem assembly
● Conducting research and doing calculations for specific component requirements
● Reaching out to vendors to source and test components
This is an opportunity to join an early-stage, venture backed startup and have a major impact on the business. You will work extensively with the Founding Team as well as their world class advisors. They will provide valuable mentorship in early-stage product development, entrepreneurship, and open a vast professional network in the Chicago area.
As part of this summer position, you will have access to the vast resources and community at mHUB, Chicago’s leading hardware startup incubator.
Interested candidates should send a resume and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Zenblen is looking for:
● Strong visual thinker, mechanically minded
● Proficient in 3D CAD modeling and ability to generate model-based 2D drawings
● Basic working knowledge of machine shop tools & other fabrication techniques
● Basic working knowledge of DC circuits
● Self-driven and able to manage own workstreams under limited guidance
● An excellent work ethic and “get things done” attitude with the ability to flex up or down
● A love for nutrition, wellness, and healthy living – extra points for being a smoothie lover!
● Robotics clubs & mechatronics work
● Passion projects related to smart hardware & IOT
● Experience at other hardware startups
Zenblen offers freshly blended smoothies via a robotic smoothie bar. Their smoothie kiosk
dispenses and blends ingredients right in front of the consumer, fresh to order. They are a fast-paced, high-momentum startup that graduated from Chicago Booth’s New Venture Challenge, one of the top-ranked accelerators in the nation. Their company has also
been featured in the Chicago Venture Summit as a leading innovator in the food tech space. They are proud to have brought on expert investors and world-class advisors to join them on this journey.
Their mission is to make healthy eating more accessible for everyone. They believe how someone fuels their body has a tremendous impact on all aspects of their life and therefore democratizing nutritionist curated smoothies will positively impact countless people across the globe. Just like how Starbucks forever changed coffee culture, they look to revolutionize how the world experiences smoothies!
About their culture:
The beauty of an early-stage startup is that every member of the team has an imprint on the culture. They take pride in empowering each member on their team with a high level of ownership and the ability to run with their ideas. The speed at which their team executes and the organization grows makes it a haven for those looking for opportunities to accelerate their own career trajectory.
They invest in the growth of their team and encourage each member to explore personally
meaningful pursuits. Do you want to spearhead campus engagement and recruiting at your
alma mater? How about engaging in meetups supporting diversity in the Chicago tech
ecosystem? Or championing health & wellness at local events to share the benefits of
smoothies? If they have the resources, Zenblen will throw its support behind you each step of the way!
Most importantly, they promise an environment of highly motivated individuals who are aligned on their team's mission and who will run through walls on each other's behalf. They are all motivated to do the best they can and produce the highest achieving results possible, while also taking the time to truly get to know each other and laugh with one another. They hold ourselves to high expectations, but know the importance of slowing down to enjoy the happy moments of being a close-knit team who love to drink smoothies together!
Learn more about their journey:
• Hardtech Startup, Zenblen, Inspires Healthy Consumption
•Founder Story spotlight at the Chicago Venture Summit: Future of Food
• Featured article on Zenblen’s partnership with the Illinois Institute of Technology
• Hear from Zenblen’s Co-Founders on the Technori Podcast, Chicago’s top tech show live on WGN Radio