Research Engineer/ Postdoc Fellow Positions at Northwestern University
Are you a highly motivated and dedicated engineer/researcher eager to drive scientific advancements at the intersection of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science? Are you ready to collaborate on interdisciplinary projects for rapid co-design and testing of gradient material and geometry, and for physics-based data-driven design and control of hybrid processes? If so, we invite you to apply for the positions of Research Engineer / Postdoc Fellow at Northwestern University.
About Northwestern University:
Northwestern is at the forefront of innovation in the fields of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science. NIMSI, a research center on manufacturing science and innovation led by Jian Cao and Ping Guo, hosts the National Science Foundation Engineering Research Center HAMMER and multiple exciting projects related to additive manufacturing funded by Department of Defense. As a Research Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in this transformative research initiative, working with leading experts and talented graduate students and undergraduate students.
As a Research Engineer, you will:
- Design customized and innovative research instruments for various projects, particularly related to high-pressure and high-temperature material testing, metal 3D printing, etc.
- Collaborate closely with senior researchers, external collaborators, fellow postdocs, graduate students and undergraduate students from diverse disciplines.
- Present your findings at project review meetings, top-tier conferences and seminars.
- Prepare project reports and help coordinate projects.
- Publish high-impact research papers in prestigious journals.
- Contribute to grant writing and proposal development.
- Mentor and guide graduate students and undergraduate students in their research pursuits.
Northwestern University is seeking candidates who meet the following qualifications:
- A demonstrated track records of hands-on experience in instrumentation, mechanical design, material testing, etc.
- A bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, or a closely related field from a respected institution. (A Master or PhD degree in the related field will be a plus.)
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- An enthusiastic and creative approach to interdisciplinary collaboration and the ability to excel in a team-oriented environment.
- Preferred research specialties:
Positions are open immediately and will remain open until filled. Please submit your application, including a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three professional references, as soon as possible.
How to Apply:
Jian Cao, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ping Guo, email@example.com