Program Coordinator, mHUB Accelerator Program
mHUB is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated candidate to join the team as the Program Coordinator of its startup accelerator. The program is focused on accelerating a cohort of high growth hardtech startups working to develop and commercialize solutions centered around smart manufacturing, sustainability, climate and energy technologies. The Program Coordinator position will support the planning and operational execution of the accelerator and be the go-to-person for daily interacitons the cohort teams and with a diverse set of supporting stakeholders including mentors, corporate partners, investors, supply chain experts, etc. The Program Coordinator position is a full-time position that reports to the Executive Director of the accelerator.
Description of Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of the Program Coordinator consist of the following:
- Support Executive Director in leading the accelerator’s overall program management responsibilities including planning, budgeting, management and execution.
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations of the program to offer a seamless experience to all participating startups.
- Manage the coordination and deployment of workshops, training and development programs and other mHUB services.
- Establish relationships and become daily conduit with external program mentors.
- Contribute to creating an effective environment that allows cohort participants to be fully engaged in collaborative learning with peers, program mentors and the broader mHUB startup community.
- Work closely with the full mHUB team including the prototyping lab staff, training coordinators, etc., to extend the full value of resources needed for cohort startups.
- Identify and share best practices with mHUB team for areas of improvement, and for future accelerator cohorts.
- Support mHUB marketing team in external communications strategies to drive visibility of the program and startups at all stages of the program.
- Support planning and coordination of interactions of the cohort startups with investors, corporate partners, mentors, and other key stakeholders.
- Create an environment of camaraderie, respect and support among cohort participants and design group events and services to support this.
- Identify and propose additional initiatives based on feedback of cohort participants to continuously improve the program experience and framework.
- Contribute to developing an ideal accelerator program framework for use in future cohorts.
- Work hand-in-glove with the Executive Director.
- Represent the Executive Director when necessary and appropriate.
Candidates interested in applying should meet the following qualifications:
- 3-5 years of operational experience in fast paced entrepreneurial environment(s) specifically with technology startups, accelerators, or venture capital.
- Experience working with a diverse set of stakeholders (investors, corporate partners, mentors, members).
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks conforming to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
- Comfortable with minimal direction and high autonomy.
- Bachelor's degree with a preference for business, entrepreneurship, engineering, economics, or a related field with innovation as a focus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A high degree of responsibility, initiative, and professionalism.
Salary and Duration
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package.
Position Open Immediately
mHUB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. mHUB is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at mHUB are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. mHUB will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. mHUB encourages applicants of all ages.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit the following items by email to info@mHUBChicago.com by October 10, 2022:
- Cover letter
- Three professional references
mHUB is a mission-driven 501c3 nonprofit economic development organization that launched in 2017 to enable hardtech and physical product entrepreneurship through providing a hyper-resourced environment and networks of manufacturers, investors, mentors, and customers. This strategic effort was undertaken by a consortium of manufacturing industry leaders to foster the development and commercialization of next-gen technologies (e.g., advanced manufacturing, medical devices, energy tech, robotics, AVs, etc.) and future business leaders. This endeavor has translated into supporting over 428 startups and 200 manufacturers launching 1,200 products resulting in over $775M in sales, $1.3B in investment and exits, awarding over 411 patents, spending over $30M a year with U.S. manufacturers, and the creation of over 3,989 jobs.