Growth Marketing Coordinator
mHUB is looking for a candidate to join our growing team as the Growth Marketing Coordinator. The position will support the sourcing, planning and execution of mHUB events aimed at new audience awareness of mHUB’s resources and community to support new membership and engagement goals. The Growth Marketing Coordinator will establish community affiliations with ecosystem groups that align with mHUB’s mission to support the incubation of new hardtech startups. This position is a full-time role that reports to mHUB’s Director of Marketing. The role offers an opportunity for a motivated self-starter to make an impact on the Chicago innovation economy by having a hand in driving community growth at the nation’s largest and fastest-growing hardtech innovation center.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Increase mHUB’s presence and brand awareness within the local community by building relationships with mission aligned associations, meetup groups and other related organizations
- Work closely with the mHUB Programs & Engagement and Development teams to nurture relationships with new membership pipeline from events.
- Learn the complexities surrounding mHUB resources to effectively communicate intrinsic value to prospective community members.
- Generate qualified pipeline of high potential hardtech startup members
- Design and produce high-quality events, with attention to the details, ensuring a flawless experience for event participants, sponsors, vendor partners and volunteers.
- Develop long-term strategy that demonstrates continued evolution of key events toward membership goals.
- Work with marketing to develop and manage strategic membership development and marketing plans, including all tactics, such as recruiting and retention multi-channel campaigns, cost-benefit analysis, customer service,, and lead segmentation and tracking.
- Responsible for specific membership development and marketing budgets and for contributing to dues revenue
- Instigate and spearhead 1–2-member recruiting and community engagement events and meetups per week from conception to execution.
- Regularly soliciting feedback from members to further inform mHUB growth and value strategy.
- Gain understanding of current members’ community affiliations to seek opportunities to create visibility within these groups.
- Maintain strong internal and external communications with all event stakeholders.
- Manage and recruit staff, volunteers, and vendors as needed to support events.
- Become the conduit between mHUB member community and marketing to uncover opportunities for the marketing content pipeline.
- Evaluate 3rd party events, ensuring alignment to mission and opportunities to reach target audiences for membership.
- Negotiate contracts with clients and vendors.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of professional work experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required.
- Preference given for candidate interested in working a second shift, such as 12pm - 8pm
- Prior work experience in event management, account management or marketing.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong relationship-building skills and familiarity with the local community.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced and changing work environment and responsibility as well as a team player attitude.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks conforming to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently with a willingness and ability to spend evenings and weekends at events as required.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with key stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
mHUB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. mHUB is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at mHUB are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. mHUB will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. mHUB encourages applicants of all ages.
Salary and Duration
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package.
To apply, please submit the following items by email to info@mHUBChicago.com
- Salary requirements
- Three professional references
mHUB is a leading independent hardtech and manufacturing innovation center located in Chicago, Illinois with a mission to convene the entrepreneurial ecosystem around physical product innovation and ensure that the manufacturing industry continues to accelerate, grow and thrive. Launched in 2017, the mHUB has supported more than active and alumni companies which have raised $1B, generated more than $750M in revenue, launched more than 1,398 products and hired more than 3,987 employees. mHUB provides a hyper-resourced environment to entrepreneurs with the goal of commercializing new hardtech innovation that will lead to new businesses, intellectual property, investment, revenue and job creation.