Member Engagement Coordinator
mHUB is looking for a candidate to join our growing team as the Member Engagement Coordinator. This position will focus on identifying and engaging entrepreneurs and hardtech startups to drive new member acquisition and community engagement for the mHUB Incubator, a resource-rich hub for physical product innovation and manufacturing. The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, motivated and highly organized, with excellent interpersonal and presentation skills. They should thrive in a fast-paced work environment and be passionate about supporting startups and emerging businesses to help drive the future of hardtech innovation.
The Member Engagement Coordinator will report to the Director of Programs and Engagement. They will be focused on bringing new mHUB members into the community, supporting their entrepreneurial journey and ultimately helping to grow our impact and reach as a hub for hardtech startups. the role offers opportunities for career development and ability to make an impact on the Chicago innovation economy by having a hand in driving community growth and supporting impactful hardtech innovation.
- Broadening and building mHUB startup community, through:
- Evangelizing mHUB through ecosystem engagement and giving public and private tours to prospective members
- Relationship development with pipeline partners
- Meeting with startup founders and discussing how mHUB can help their business take off and grow
- Reviewing and following up with prospective members and sharing and educating them on the values of mHUB resources
- Data administration for new member tracking
- Hardtech startup success through member resource navigation, including:
- Displaying and articulating a knowledge of mHUB’s services, programs, and products
- Developing and building out mHUB’s community benefits and discount offerings
- Meeting with designated mHUB startups to discuss needs that we can support with resources and connection including but not limited to mHUB curriculum, mentors, Entrepreneurs- and Engineers-in-Residence, community ideation sessions, etc.
- Supporting member engagement events, including weekly happy hours
- Supporting member communications through Slack channels and member newsletter
- Supporting member needs as they arise
- Member Account Management, including:
- Contracting and negotiations
- Inventory tracking
- Communicating across departments on availability of space and community needs
- Monthly reporting on member revenue
- Other responsibilities as needed
Candidates interested in applying should meet the following criteria:
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic, energetic, personable, and friendly disposition
- Personal passion for startups or entrepreneurship
- Enjoy working within a team
- Strong time management skills and practices
- Willing and able to work some evenings and weekends
- A passion for civic engagement
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including experience with Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively across departments.
mHUB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: mHUB is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at mHUB are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. mHUB will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. mHUB encourages applicants of all ages.
Ability to uphold, embody, and articulate the following values:
- Respect and Value Diversity – We agree to value the rights of all individuals to mutual respect. The diversity of our community is a fundamental strength of the organization.
- Tackle each Day with Passion, Enthusiasm and Curiosity – What we’re doing is special. What we’re doing has an impact. What we’re doing is the spark that is igniting a community.
- Learn. Grow – We are entrepreneurs. We won't be afraid to be bold and take risks. We won’t wait for the idea; we’ll create it ourselves. mHUB is a launchpad for our startups, but also for us.
- Hold Ourselves Accountable – We agree to be personally accountable to the “promises” we make. We don’t blame others or ourselves. If we need help, we ask. If we make a mistake, we communicate it and fix it.
- We are Greater than the Sum of our Parts – Together we are greater than alone. We are one team, and collaboration is crucial to our success. We treat one another fairly and with respect. We challenge one another to rise to our best
Salary and Duration
- Salary is based on individual experience level
- Competitive benefits package
To apply, submit the following items:
- Cover letter
Position open immediately.
mHUB is a mission-driven 501c3 nonprofit economic development organization that launched in 2017 to enable hardtech and physical product entrepreneurship through providing a hyper-resourced environment and networks of manufacturers, investors, mentors, and customers. This strategic effort was undertaken by a consortium of manufacturing industry leaders to foster the development and commercialization of next-gen technologies (e.g., advanced manufacturing, medical devices, energy tech, robotics, AVs, etc.) and future business leaders. This endeavor has translated into supporting over 428 startups and 200 manufacturers launch 1,200 products resulting in over $450M in sales, $1B in investment and exits, awarding over 411 patents, spending over $30M a year with U.S. manufacturers, and the creation of over 2,140 jobs