Full Stack Developer / Technical Architect
Open Position: Full Stack Developer / Technical Architect at Iothic
Salary: Permanent, full-time
Are you a senior technologist seeking a lead role where you can remain hands-on and make a once in a lifetime real impact? You could be joining an exciting fast growing start-up that will revolutionize the IoT market through its radical new approach to securing the edge of large scale IoT networks.
IOTHIC, Ltd. is a UK based start-up enabling authentication and security solutions at the edge of large scale IoT networks without the need for an always-on centrally connected system. Working with one of the UK’s top universities, IOTHIC’s platform and patented cryptographic processes enables post-quantum secure interoperability between any devices, is fully decentralised and can even operate in an unsecure channel environment!
Critical national infrastructure, Industrial groups, global businesses, defence agencies and smart cities can all make use of our intelligent authentication protocol and secure data transmission solutions. We are on a mission to profoundly change the face of IoT interoperability forever and we need additional A-list players to help us get there.
As the Lead Full Stack Developer / Technical Architect, you will provide technical leadership and remain hands-on producing both exceptional code and all levels of architectural design utilising your experience with cutting edge technologies and scalable cloud-based systems.
Your roleAs the Lead Full Stack Developer / Technical Architect, your focus will be on driving innovation and improving
delivery effectiveness by:
- Building integration-centric offerings and helping our clients overcome technical challenges as they
transition from traditional security enablement solutions to IOTHIC security protocol and secure data
- Building multi-channel client architecture offerings and providing differentiated end-user experiences
by leveraging IoT devices, cloud and mobile platforms
- Providing expertise and architectural assistance to the wider team including software teams, system
analysts and engineers
- Design Technical/Integration Architectures, including development, runtime and operations
architectures, enabling cloud services to communicate with edge devices and enabling edge devices to
communicate with each other
- Defining solutions using microservices (or API Gateway and API Management System), automating
security enablement process models and cloud-based services to enable secure encrypted data
transmission for customer hybrid (IoT and cloud) infrastructures.
- Define the IoT governance processes.
- Define and delivering integrated solutions by applying proven delivery methodologies including Agile
and Model-Driven techniques.
- Design message- and event-driven architectures.
- Contribute to standardizing IOTHIC innovative security enablement solutions
To be considered you must have extensive C++ experience:
- 10+ years’ experience designing, architecting and developing complex cloud based architectures and
- In-depth knowledge and cross platform development experience working with ASP.NET Core 2.0 MVC
/ Web API template provided by the Visual Studio community. + .Net standard libraries, as well as,
C/C++, C#, Python and React on Linux/Windows
- Experience building secure API architectures for third parties to utilise
- Experience in helping leading development life cycle process, best practices and operating distributed
cloud-based microservices (particularly using: OVH, Amazon, Azure)
- Database experience e.g. MongoDB
- Keen to work closely and collaboratively within a team and mentor other engineers when possible
- Familiar with DevOps environments / have delivered microservices architectures using
containerisation (Docker Compose/Swarm, Kubernetes)
- Experience of CI/CD e.g. Gitlab + Gitlab CI + GitLab runner
- Preferably you will also have experience with Linux (Debian 9+/amd64, CentOS 6+), Raspbian
(9.4+/armhf), OpenWrt (12+/ ipq806x/ armhf) and in architecting and developing API layers and SDK
- Understanding of symmetric and asymmetric cryptosystems, as well as, hash functions
- Advocate of Agile development methodologies
- If you have worked on IoT based cloud and edge device platforms before
- Understanding and experience of symmetric / asymmetric cryptography and hash functions
- Have developed SDK toolkits to enable third parties to access specific functionality
- Familiar with blockchain concepts
- Bachelor ICT, Master of Engineering or Master of Industrial Sciences.
- Result-oriented attitude
- Flexibility to travel, HQ in London
- Familiar with working in a globally distributed team
- Creativity and analytical aptitude with a hunger to learn
- Excellent communication skills; collaborative and personable yet able to push back and be assertive
IOTHIC, Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age,
citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Please send details to: email@example.com