Incubator Programs Fellow
mHUB 2024 Summer Graduate Fellowship - Incubator Programs Fellow
About the Role:
mHUB is seeking a Graduate Fellow to support mHUB’s Programs and Engagement to support its Programs and Engagement team in bringing a human-centered to program delivery across its incubator programs including workshops, the mentor network, community engagement, and identity-based cohort programming underneath Catalyze Initiative. While the Fellow will have touchpoints across programming, the Fellow will work hand-in-hand with mHUB leadership to develop and implement an infrastructure for hands-on case management of startups. Fellows receive career and leadership coaching and the opportunity to network with Chicago’s corporate, civic and nonprofit leaders across the tech ecosystem.
About mHUB :
mHUB is a leading independent hardtech and manufacturing innovation center located in Chicago, Illinois. Our mission is to enable U.S. hardtech innovation and commercialization by fueling collaboration and providing an accessible, hyper-resourced environment to develop, fund and accelerate clean energy, health, sustainability, and manufacturing entrepreneurship. Since launching in 2017, the mHUB’s community of over 500 startups has generated more than $1.14B in revenue, launched more than 1,502 products, hired more than 5,193 employees, and raised over $1.49B in capital. mHUB's three business units – Incubator, HardTech Development Services, and Accelerated Incubation / Product Impact Fund – connect startups, innovators, researchers, manufacturers, and investors to spur innovation.
The mHUB team is an ambitious, entrepreneurial, and mission-driven team committed to helping entrepreneurs find a path to success and supporting economic growth in Chicago, the Midwest, and the U.S. We are builders and problem solvers, excited about the potential in hardtech and manufacturing entrepreneurship and by bringing businesses and products to life.
• Program development that includes but is not limited to design and implementation of our next-level case management system, which will inputs across programs (Experts in Residence meetings, workshops, mentor meetings, and company-driven inputs) to power company-level dashboards to track progress and resource usage.
• Play a key role in auditing and working with the team to refine mHUB’s onboarding process for new members, leading to increased efficiency and experience across systems.
• Partnering with the Community Impact and Engagement team to refine programs focused on access to capital across the entrepreneurship journey including (but not limited to) our cohort-based technical training and pre-accelerator programs, and new opportunities like founder matching.
• Working with key stakeholders across the tech ecosystem to develop strategies to make Chicago tech more inclusive and equitable for underrepresented founders.
• Making programmatic and operational recommendations on how to best implement diversity, equity and inclusion strategies directly through organization and larger tech ecosystem.
• Must be a current graduate program student focusing on areas of policy, economic development or business administration.
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
• Expert written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
• Demonstrated ability to partner with high-level leaders to work towards outcomes, leading by consensus.
• Experience in research and asset mapping.
• Experience with program development and coordination.
• Prior experience in a nonprofit environment is a plus.
• Prior experience with entrepreneurs or business support organizations is a plus.
Ability to uphold, embody, and articulate the following values:
- Respect and Value Diversity – We agree to value the rights of all individuals to mutual respect. The diversity of our community is a fundamental strength of the organization.
- Tackle each Day with Passion, Enthusiasm and Curiosity – What we’re doing is special. What we’re doing has impact. What we’re doing is the spark that is igniting a community.
- Try. Learn. Grow – We are entrepreneurs. We won't be afraid to be bold and take risks. We won’t wait for the idea, we’ll create it ourselves. mHUB is a launch pad for our startups, but also for us.
- Hold Ourselves Accountable – We agree to be personally accountable to the “promises” we make. We don’t blame others or ourselves. If we need help, we ask. If we make a mistake, we communicate it and fix it.
- We are Greater as the Sum of our Parts – Together we are greater than alone. We are one team, and collaboration is crucial to our success. We treat one another fairly and with respect. We challenge one another to rise to our best.
Salary & Duration:
A stipend of $1,000 per month will be provided. The internship will last a minimum of 11 weeks between May 2024 to the end of August 2024, depending on the applicant’s academic calendar year, with an opportunity for an extension beyond the summer.
To Apply :
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
mHUB is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.