Administrative Assistant to CEO
mHUB seeks an Administrative Assistant to provide primary support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and secondary support to the Chief Experience Officer (CXO). The Assistant serves as a point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all scheduling and administrative matters pertaining to the CEO. The Administrative Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Administrative Assistant will have the capacity to work independently on projects, from concept to completion, and at times, must be able to work under pressure to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. The Administrative Assistant will work closely with the Chief of Staff to support the office of the CEO.
Description of Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant consist of the following:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO and CXO including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for meeting preparation.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Acts as "gatekeeper" and "gateway", creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time and office.
- Review and triage the CEO’s incoming email correspondence, enabling the CEO to focus on high-priority items and ensure incoming communication reaches the team member best fit to address it.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO's office and internal departments; demonstrates leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO and CXO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the organization and keeping the CEO updated.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Conserves executives time by proactively reading, researching, and routing correspondence; collecting and analyzing information; and initiating telecommunications.
- Accurately records and organizes minutes from internal and board meetings.
- Supports CEO in drafting potential social media posts, supporting research for editorial content and providing copyediting support as appropriate.
- Support administrative and clerical tasks; ability to learn and use various software platforms used by organization to support special projects as appropriate.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems and recording meeting discussions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Candidates interested in applying should meet the following qualifications:
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Emotional maturity.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Strong work tenure: three to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level executives, preferably in a non-profit or tech related organizations
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms. Written and verbal communication skills
Salary and Duration:
- The position is full-time and open for immediate hire
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package
To apply submit the following items:
- Cover letter
Applications can be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
mHUB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: mHUB is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at mHUB are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. mHUB will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. mHUB encourages applicants of all ages.
mHUB is a mission-driven 501c3 nonprofit economic development organization that launched in 2017 to enable hardtech and physical product entrepreneurship through providing a hyper-resourced environment and networks of manufacturers, investors, mentors, and customers. This strategic effort was undertaken by a consortium of manufacturing industry leaders to foster the development and commercialization of next-gen technologies (e.g., advanced manufacturing, medical devices, energy tech, robotics, AVs, etc.) and future business leaders. This endeavor has translated into supporting over 428 startups and 200 manufacturers launching 1,200 products resulting in over $750M in sales, $1.3B in investment and exits, awarding over 450 patents, spending over $30M a year with U.S. manufacturers, and the creation of over 3,890 jobs.